This lesson will teach you to describe the colors and appearance of people and things in Vietnamese. Learn to express whether something is big or small, red or green, beautiful of ugly.
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Vietnamese“.
light / clear
Appearance & attributes
large / big
kind / pleasant
unkind / unpleasant
tall (When talking about people)
middle sized (When talking about people)
người trung bình
small (When talking about people)
thin / slim
nice / pretty
ill / sick
happy / cheerful
nice / amiable
đầy năng lượng
Questions & phrases
What does he look like?
Anh ấy nhìn như thế nào?
What does she look like?
Cô ấy nhìn như thế nào?
What is he like?
Anh ấy giống cái gì?
What is she like?
Cô ấy giống cái gì?
Vocabulary trainer: Colors & Appearance in Vietnamese
How do you say
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Vietnamese lessons
- Numbers in Vietnamese
- Basic Conversation in Vietnamese
- Greeting & Farewell in Vietnamese
- Basic Vietnamese Verbs
- Basic Vietnamese Nouns
- Basic Vietnamese Adjectives
- Countries & Languages in Vietnamese
- Date & Time in Vietnamese
- Holidays & Good wishes in Vietnamese
- Food & Drinks in Vietnamese
- People & Professions in Vietnamese
- Family & Friends in Vietnamese
- Body & Health in Vietnamese
- Cities & Traffic in Vietnamese
- Travelling & Leisure time in Vietnamese
- Vietnamese videos
- Overview: Learn Vietnamese
Latest posts from our language learning blog
The language skills we possess always differ in quality. We may be great at reading, [...]
We all know that consistency is key when it comes to learning a new language. [...]
Speaking a new language has many benefits, so do you want to know how to go about learning a foreign tongue? In this article, you'll find out the best 5 ways to learn your language of choice. I can promise you one thing, becoming fluent in a language other than your mother tongue is definitely worthwhile.
Reasons for learning a new language may vary, but the rewards you'll reap from taking on a foreign tongue are definitely worthwhile. Why should you learn a foreign language? In this article, you'll find 5 good reasons to do so.