Now you know how to talk about date and time in Romanian, let’s continue with some more special occasions, holidays and how to wish people well in Romanian.
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Romanian“.
All the best!
Toate cele bune!
La mulți ani!
Happy New Year!
An nou fericit!
with all my heart / wholehearted
din toată inima
Holidays & festive occasions
zi de naștere
zile de naștere
Easter holidays [Sg]
Easter holidays [Pl]
Pentecost / Whitsun
New Year’s Eve
Ajunul Noului An
name day [Sg]
zi de nume
name days [Pl]
zile de nume
(to) make a gift
a dărui un cadou
Vocabulary & Phrases
birthday party [Sg]
birthday parties [Pl]
I invite you to the party!
Ești invitat la petrecerea mea!
What would you like? / What do you want? [Sg]
Ce ți-ar plăcea?
Ce ai vrea?
What would you like? / What do you want? [Pl]
Ce v-ar plăcea?
Ce ați vrea?
present / gift [Sg]
presents / gifts [Pl]
Vocabulary trainer: Holidays & Good wishes in Romanian
How do you say
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Romanian lessons
- Numbers in Romanian
- Basic Conversation in Romanian
- Greeting & Farewell in Romanian
- Basic Romanian Verbs
- Basic Romanian Nouns
- Basic Romanian Adjectives
- Colors & Appearance in Romanian
- Countries & Languages in Romanian
- Date & Time in Romanian
- Food & Drinks in Romanian
- People & Professions in Romanian
- Family & Friends in Romanian
- Body & Health in Romanian
- Cities & Traffic in Romanian
- Travelling & Leisure time in Romanian
- Main page: Learn Romanian
Latest posts from our language learning blog
The language skills we possess always differ in quality. We may be great at reading, [...]
We all know that consistency is key when it comes to learning a new language. [...]
Speaking a new language has many benefits, so do you want to know how to go about learning a foreign tongue? In this article, you'll find out the best 5 ways to learn your language of choice. I can promise you one thing, becoming fluent in a language other than your mother tongue is definitely worthwhile.
Reasons for learning a new language may vary, but the rewards you'll reap from taking on a foreign tongue are definitely worthwhile. Why should you learn a foreign language? In this article, you'll find 5 good reasons to do so.