We’ll now learn talking about parts of the human body as well as some useful Catalan words and phrases related to Health and Illnesses. Let’s hope you’ll never need them, but better be prepared than sorry as they say…
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Catalan“.
back / shoulder
Health & Illnesses
ill / sick
malalt (m), malalta (f)
My [...] aches. / My [...] hurts.
El meu [...] em fa mal.
My [...] ache. / My [...] hurt.
El meus [...] em fan mal.
I have a stomach ache.
Tinc mal de panxa.
My legs hurt.
Les cames em fan mal.
medical office / doctor’s surgery
chemist’s / drugstore
illness / malady
Vocabulary trainer: Body & Health in Catalan
How do you say
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Catalan lessons
- Numbers in Catalan
- Basic Conversation in Catalan
- Greeting & Farewell in Catalan
- Basic Catalan Verbs
- Basic Catalan Nouns
- Basic Catalan Adjectives
- Colors & Appearance in Catalan
- Countries & Languages in Catalan
- Date & Time in Catalan
- Holidays & Good wishes in Catalan
- Food & Drinks in Catalan
- People & Professions in Catalan
- Family & Friends in Catalan
- Cities & Traffic in Catalan
- Travelling & Leisure time in Catalan
- Main page: Learn Catalan
Latest posts from our language learning blog
The language skills we possess always differ in quality. We may be great at reading, [...]
We all know that consistency is key when it comes to learning a new language. [...]
Speaking a new language has many benefits, so do you want to know how to go about learning a foreign tongue? In this article, you'll find out the best 5 ways to learn your language of choice. I can promise you one thing, becoming fluent in a language other than your mother tongue is definitely worthwhile.
Reasons for learning a new language may vary, but the rewards you'll reap from taking on a foreign tongue are definitely worthwhile. Why should you learn a foreign language? In this article, you'll find 5 good reasons to do so.