Now you know how to talk about date and time in Indonesian, let’s continue with some more special occasions, holidays and how to wish people well in Indonesian.
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia)“.
All the best!
Semua yang terbaik!
Selamat ulang tahun!
Happy New Year!
Selamat Tahun Baru!
with all my heart / wholehearted
dengan segenap hati
Holidays & festive occasions
Pentecost / Whitsun
New Year’s Eve
Malam Tahun Baru
(to) make a gift
Vocabulary & Phrases
pesta ulang tahun
I invite you to the party!
Aku mengundangmu ke pesta!
Saya mengundang Anda ke pesta! 
What would you like? / What do you want?
Apa yang kamu inginkan?
Apa yang Anda inginkan? 
present / gift [Sg]
presents / gifts [Pl]
1 More formal2 More formal
Vocabulary trainer: Holidays & Good wishes in Indonesian
How do you say
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Indonesian lessons
- Numbers in Indonesian
- Basic Conversation in Indonesian
- Greeting & Farewell in Indonesian
- Basic Indonesian Verbs
- Basic Indonesian Nouns
- Basic Indonesian Adjectives
- Colors & Appearance in Indonesian
- Countries & Languages in Indonesian
- Date & Time in Indonesian
- Food & Drinks in Indonesian
- People & Professions in Indonesian
- Family & Friends in Indonesian
- Body & Health in Indonesian
- Cities & Traffic in Indonesian
- Travelling & Leisure time in Indonesian
- Indonesian videos
- Main page: Learn Indonesian
Latest posts from our language learning blog
The language skills we possess always differ in quality. We may be great at reading, [...]
We all know that consistency is key when it comes to learning a new language. [...]
Speaking a new language has many benefits, so do you want to know how to go about learning a foreign tongue? In this article, you'll find out the best 5 ways to learn your language of choice. I can promise you one thing, becoming fluent in a language other than your mother tongue is definitely worthwhile.
Reasons for learning a new language may vary, but the rewards you'll reap from taking on a foreign tongue are definitely worthwhile. Why should you learn a foreign language? In this article, you'll find 5 good reasons to do so.