Verbs describe movement or action. You’ll need them whenever you want to talk about what you, somebody or something else does, did or wants to do. Essential stuff. Memorize the verbs below and you’ll be well equipped for most basic Cambodian (Khmer) conversations.
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Cambodian (Khmer)“.
|English||Khmer (Cambodian)||Khmer (Cambodian)|
(to) do / (to) make
can / (to) know how to
(to) know (how)
(to) know / (to) be acquainted with
(to) speak / (to) talk
(to) listen to
(to) go by […] (e.g. by car)
(to) greet / (to) welcome
Vocabulary trainer: Basic Verbs in Khmer
How do you say
in Khmer (Cambodian)?
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Cambodian lessons
- Numbers in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Basic Conversation in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Greeting & Farewell in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Basic Cambodian (Khmer) Nouns
- Basic Cambodian (Khmer) Adjectives
- Colors & Appearance in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Countries & Languages in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Date & Time in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Holidays & Good wishes in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Food & Drinks in Cambodian (Khmer)
- People & Professions in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Family & Friends in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Body & Health in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Cities & Traffic in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Travelling & Leisure time in Cambodian (Khmer)
- Overview: Learn Cambodian (Khmer)
Latest posts from our language learning blog
The language skills we possess always differ in quality. We may be great at reading, [...]
We all know that consistency is key when it comes to learning a new language. [...]
Speaking a new language has many benefits, so do you want to know how to go about learning a foreign tongue? In this article, you'll find out the best 5 ways to learn your language of choice. I can promise you one thing, becoming fluent in a language other than your mother tongue is definitely worthwhile.
Reasons for learning a new language may vary, but the rewards you'll reap from taking on a foreign tongue are definitely worthwhile. Why should you learn a foreign language? In this article, you'll find 5 good reasons to do so.