Now you know how to talk about date and time in Portuguese, let’s continue with some more special occasions, holidays and how to wish people well in Portuguese.
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Portuguese“.
All the best!
Tudo de bom!
Happy New Year!
Feliz Ano Novo!
with all my heart / wholehearted
com todo o meu coração
Holidays & festive occasions
Véspera de Natal
Dias de Páscoa
Pentecost / Whitsun
New Year’s Eve
Véspera de Ano Novo
Dia dos Namorados
(to) make a gift
criar um presente
Vocabulary & Phrases
festa de aniversário
I invite you to the party!
Te convido para a festa!
What would you like? / What do you want?
O que gostaria de ter?
present / gift [Sg]
presents / gifts [Pl]
Vocabulary trainer: Holidays & Good wishes in Portuguese
How do you say
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Portuguese lessons
- Numbers in Portuguese
- Basic Conversation in Portuguese
- Greeting & Farewell in Portuguese
- Basic Portuguese Verbs
- Basic Portuguese Nouns
- Basic Portuguese Adjectives
- Colors & Appearance in Portuguese
- Countries & Languages in Portuguese
- Date & Time in Portuguese
- Food & Drinks in Portuguese
- People & Professions in Portuguese
- Family & Friends in Portuguese
- Body & Health in Portuguese
- Cities & Traffic in Portuguese
- Travelling & Leisure time in Portuguese
- Portuguese videos
- Main page: Learn Portuguese
Latest posts from our language learning blog
The language skills we possess always differ in quality. We may be great at reading, [...]
We all know that consistency is key when it comes to learning a new language. [...]
Speaking a new language has many benefits, so do you want to know how to go about learning a foreign tongue? In this article, you'll find out the best 5 ways to learn your language of choice. I can promise you one thing, becoming fluent in a language other than your mother tongue is definitely worthwhile.
Reasons for learning a new language may vary, but the rewards you'll reap from taking on a foreign tongue are definitely worthwhile. Why should you learn a foreign language? In this article, you'll find 5 good reasons to do so.