Before we take a deep dive into Icelandic conversations, let’s get some basics down. This lesson will teach you how to say hello, goodbye, see you tomorrow and other useful phrases in Icelandic.
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Icelandic“.
Good morning! / Good Day!
Velkominn! (m), Velkomin! (f), Velkomið! (n)
Vertu sæll! (m), Vertu sæl! (f)
See you tomorrow!
Sjáumst á morgun!
Get out of here!
1 For a crowd of people
Vocabulary trainer: Greeting & Farewell in Icelandic
How do you say
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Icelandic lessons
- Numbers in Icelandic
- Basic Conversation in Icelandic
- Basic Icelandic Verbs
- Basic Icelandic Nouns
- Basic Icelandic Adjectives
- Colors & Appearance in Icelandic
- Countries & Languages in Icelandic
- Date & Time in Icelandic
- Holidays & Good wishes in Icelandic
- Food & Drinks in Icelandic
- People & Professions in Icelandic
- Family & Friends in Icelandic
- Body & Health in Icelandic
- Cities & Traffic in Icelandic
- Travelling & Leisure time in Icelandic
- Main page: Learn Icelandic