Talking about your friends and relatives is much more fun than just talking about yourself. So, let’s learn some useful words & phrases that will help you talk to others about the people you love most.
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Icelandic“.
Family & Relatives
siblings / brothers and sisters
amma og afi
Love & Friendship
I love you
ég elska þig
I love you very much
ég elska þig heitt
Do you want to marry me?
Viltu giftast mér?
1 Applies for men, a lesbian would also be "kvænt"2 Applies for women, a gay man would also be "giftur"
Vocabulary trainer: Family & Friends in Icelandic
How do you say
I love you
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Icelandic lessons
- Numbers in Icelandic
- Basic Conversation in Icelandic
- Greeting & Farewell in Icelandic
- Basic Icelandic Verbs
- Basic Icelandic Nouns
- Basic Icelandic Adjectives
- Colors & Appearance in Icelandic
- Countries & Languages in Icelandic
- Date & Time in Icelandic
- Holidays & Good wishes in Icelandic
- Food & Drinks in Icelandic
- People & Professions in Icelandic
- Body & Health in Icelandic
- Cities & Traffic in Icelandic
- Travelling & Leisure time in Icelandic
- Main page: Learn Icelandic