This lesson will teach you to describe the colors and appearance of people and things in Hungarian. Learn to express whether something is big or small, red or green, beautiful of ugly.
This lesson is part of the chapter “Learning Hungarian“.
light / clear
Appearance & attributes
large / big
kind / pleasant
unkind / unpleasant
tall (When talking about people)
middle sized (When talking about people)
small (When talking about people)
thin / slim
nice / pretty
ill / sick
happy / cheerful
nice / amiable
Questions & phrases
What does he look like?
Hogy néz ki (ő)?
What does she look like?
Hogy néz ki (ő)?
What is he like?
What is she like?
Vocabulary trainer: Colors & Appearance in Hungarian
How do you say
Download your free language learning guide
Our free 18-page PDF ebook will teach you how to:
- Get (and stay) motivated learning a new language
- Achieve 80% of your goals with only 20% of the effort
- Make your learning experience more fun than ever
More Hungarian lessons
- Numbers in Hungarian
- Basic Conversation in Hungarian
- Greeting & Farewell in Hungarian
- Basic Hungarian Verbs
- Basic Hungarian Nouns
- Basic Hungarian Adjectives
- Countries & Languages in Hungarian
- Date & Time in Hungarian
- Holidays & Good wishes in Hungarian
- Food & Drinks in Hungarian
- People & Professions in Hungarian
- Family & Friends in Hungarian
- Body & Health in Hungarian
- Cities & Traffic in Hungarian
- Travelling & Leisure time in Hungarian
- Main page: Learn Hungarian
Latest posts from our language learning blog
The language skills we possess always differ in quality. We may be great at reading, [...]
We all know that consistency is key when it comes to learning a new language. [...]
Speaking a new language has many benefits, so do you want to know how to go about learning a foreign tongue? In this article, you'll find out the best 5 ways to learn your language of choice. I can promise you one thing, becoming fluent in a language other than your mother tongue is definitely worthwhile.
Reasons for learning a new language may vary, but the rewards you'll reap from taking on a foreign tongue are definitely worthwhile. Why should you learn a foreign language? In this article, you'll find 5 good reasons to do so.